Webtraining – Modeling contact with Abaqus/Standard
24 Mar, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
During this webtraining, the 4RealSim customers will be introduced to modeling contact with Abaqus/Standard.
Finite Element contact modeling
Understanding the interaction between bodies is essential for solving many engineering problems. Manufacturing processes, gears, bearings, seals and dynamic impact events all involve contact. Engineers at Abaqus have developed many techniques and guidelines for solving challenging contact problems. This webinar introduces the participants to
- Define general contact and contact pairs
- Define appropriate surfaces (rigid or deformable)
- Model frictional contact
- Model large sliding between deformable bodies
- Analyze dynamic impact problems
- Resolve overclosures in interference fit problems
- Avoid overconstraining the model
- Avoid rigid body motions and unstable motions
- Use pre-tension sections to simulate assembly loads
Who should attend this event?
This webinar is recommended for all 4RealSim Abaqus customers who want to review the contact modeling capabilities in Abaqus/Standard.