Hybrid training – Advanced Abaqus Scripting (2 day training)
22 Sep, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 23 Sep, 2022 @ 5:00 pm1000EUR
The Advanced Abaqus Scripting training introduces both Python and the Abaqus Scripting Interface and gives users more hands on exposure with practically oriented workshops of moderate complexity.
Abaqus makes extensive use of Python; a powerful, object-oriented scripting language that is used widely by organizations throughout the world. Python has been embedded within the Abaqus software products. The language has been extended to include a rich set of commands that are well suited for the daily tasks of a finite element analyst. These extensions are referred to as the Abaqus Scripting Interface (ASI).
The Abaqus Scripting Interface may be used by the finite element analyst at many different levels. Scripts can be written as stand-alone utilities, or can be written to integrate the Abaqus products with other codes. At a basic level, scripts may be used to automate repetitive tasks such as the creation of results plots from a collection of output files. With some experience, users may actually extend the functionality of the Abaqus products. Advanced users may work with SIMULIA affiliates to customize the graphical user interface of the Abaqus interactive products (Abaqus/CAE and Abaqus/Viewer).
This seminar is offered as a follow-up to the Introduction to Abaqus Scripting course. It is a deeper dive into both Python and the Abaqus Scripting Interface and gives users more hands on exposure with practically oriented workshops of moderate complexity. This course also provides pointers for more specialized and advanced topics.
After attending this training course, students will be able to:
- Write scripts of moderate complexity to automate pre- and postprocessing tasks and improve productivity
- Use best practices for maintaining Abaqus scripts and optimizing their performance
- Use advanced techniques to take advantage of the Abaqus object model
- Set up parametric studies using ASI
- Build and modify simple GUI plug-ins using the Really Simple GUI (RSG) framework
- Leverage built-in features of Python to build applications
- Write Python scripts for utility tasks that interface with the operating system and file system
- Understand how to locate and utilize powerful third-party Python modules
- Understand and utilize Python’s object oriented features
Who should attend?
Every Abaqus user should be familiar with the ASI. Productivity gains can be realized at many levels; from simple scripts that automate tedious tasks to large applications with custom user interfaces. This course is recommended for all Abaqus users who already have a basic familiarity of scripting and are looking to sharpen their skills.
1000 euro for 2 days
Inscription should happen three weeks before the training will take place.