Webinar: Introduction to the Abaqus remesher
17 Nov, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 10:30 amFree
It can be a challenge to maintain a high quality mesh when large deformations occur in an Abaqus simulation. The 4RealSim developed remesher functionality for Abaqus is a fully automated remesh/rezone capability. It is available as plugin for Abaqus/CAE, the tool is user-friendly to use and control.
During this online webinar, intended for Abaqus users, the benefits of the Abaqus remesher are explained and demonstrated.
Abaqus remesher functionality
The Abaqus remesher contains the following automated functionalities
– Element quality monitored during the simulation
– Stop of analysis if element quality drops below user requirement
– Creation of new geometry from deformed mesh
– Re-assign sets and surfaces and create mesh on ‘new’ geometry
– Update history definitions like loading and BC’s
– Submission of new analysis including transfer of material state from previous to new mesh
– Merge of results from sub-analyses into a single ODB
Abaqus remesher solver support
The Abaqus remesher is available for Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit.
Abaqus remesher advantages
Only solution for Abaqus/CAE to handle element distortion.
Abaqus/Explicit has the possibility to handle element distortion via ALE and CEL, but the 4RealSim remesher has his advantages compared to these techniques.